- Bedcage offers maximum travel for your rear suspension and the ability to run 14" or 16" shocks.
- Takes up minimal bed space while not compromising strength and durability.
- Hassle-free installation. The entire kit bolts together apart from 4 welded tabs.
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Included accessory holes allow for easy installation of dust lights and flag whips.
After building and testing out multiple different designs of custom bedcages, the engineers at Dirt King Fabrication have come up with what they consider to be the perfect design for the offroad enthusiast – The Dirt King Prefab Bedcage. This Prefab Bedcage has been designed to allow for maximum travel and easy installation. The truck bedcage takes up minimal bed space while not compromising strength. Accessory mounting holes are incorporated into the center section of the cage to allow for easy mounting of dust lights and flag whips. The entire kit bolts together and mounts to the frame after four brackets are welded on. It can be installed with leaf over or leaf under spring packs. This suspension system is superior to a cantilever suspension system for two major reasons. The first reason is the shock mounts on the bedcage are outside the frame rails vs inside the frame rails for increased stability.
The second reason is the shocks are mounted vertically with a motion ratio close to 1:1, allowing for proper dampening through the suspension travel. The cantilever suspension has a higher motion ratio resulting in smaller shocks, difficult to valve shocks properly, and heating up the shocks faster since they have less fluid. This Dirt King Prefab Bedcage makes the perfect choice for those who are looking to increase rear suspension performance while not breaking the bank. When you purchase this product, your kit will include a Prefabbed Bedcage Structure, Grade 8 mounting hardware, and a set of installation instructions. Order yours today from Truck Brigade to take advantage of our Lowest Price Guarantee!
1999-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD / 4WD
*Will not work on models with factory torsion bar front suspension
Prefab bed cage
Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Recommended Leaf Pack: Deaver U182 (works with Deaver C85)
- Recommended Shocks: Fox or King 3.0" x 16"
- Bypass Tube Layout: Tubes on front and back of shocks
- Bed Cage Shock Mounting Width: 1.5"
- Axle Width: Requires 1.5"-2" wheel spacers of 1.5"-2" wider per side axle.
- Accessory Mounting Hole Size: 1/2"
The Dirt King Prefab Bedcage was designed to feature a straightforward installation.This is a bolt-on kit apart from four brackets that will needed to be welded on. Please be aware that installation requires you to drill access holes through the bed in order to attach the bed cage to the frame. Each kit comes packaged with all necessary installation hardware along with easy to read instructions to help ensure a hassle-free install. If you have any questions, please feel free to give our product specialists a call!