Frequently Bought Together
- The Complete RUGGEDIZED Deadman V2 kit includes the RUGGEDIZED Deadman Anchor, Deadman Bodybag, and Deadman Shackle; Enjoy free shipping on us!
- The webbing of the RUGGEDIZED Deadman has been sleeved with a heavy duty Cordura to protect the pieces that do all of the heavy lifting.
- More than just a ground anchor; Versatile design enables it to anchor to a tree, a rock, or the ground.
- The RUGGEDIZED Deadman anchor has a minimum breaking strength (MBS) of nearly 80,000lbs, while the Original Shackles have a MBS of 30,000lbs and the RUGGED Shackles a MBS of 43,500lbs.
- The Earth Anchor features an 18 inch tarp w/ a rip-stop polyester and 2 inch Class VII industrial sling webbing. The Carry Case is made from PVC vinyl to ensure durability.
The RUGGEDIZED Difference:
The RUGGEDIZED Deadman V2 is tougher than ever with it’s all new design! The webbing of the RUGGEDIZED Deadman has been sleeved with a heavy duty Cordura to protect the bits that do all of the heavy lifting. When the Deadman is put to use in the ground or around rocks, this sleeving guards the polyester webbing from becoming damaged, protecting you and prolonging the life of your Deadman. If you’re looking for the most premium option out there, the Deadman Off-road RUGGEDIZED Earth Anchor is the option for you!
The Deadman Off-Road Anchor is quickly gaining popularity as one of the most essential parts of a vehicle recovery kit. The Deadman is considered to be the world’s most versatile off-road recovery anchor and is capable of anchoring to just about anything Mother Nature throws your way. Regardless of where you are venturing, you can explore in confidence knowing that The Deadman has your back! When purchased, the Complete Deadman V2 Kit includes the Deadman Anchor, Deadman Bodybag, and your choice of the Deadman Shackles.
The engineers behind the Deadman Earth Anchor understand that every recovery situation is unique and more times than not, conditions are unideal. It’s with this in mind that they designed this recovery piece to be so versatile. It's been tested and proven time and time again by anchoring to trees, rocks, and simply in the ground. The Deadman V2 is constructed from American Made materials, all of which are industrial grade. The tarp in the center is 18oz vinyl with a rip-stop polyester skrim that’s both tough and malleable. The webbing is 2 inch Class VII industrial sling webbing (the same as what is used in industrial rigging and hoisting applications). Seeing as this is the RUGGEDIZED model, it will feature an additional sleeve of heavy duty Cordura. Each line has a breaking strength of 19,600lbs in a straight pull configuration and 39,200lbs in a basket configuration. Because the Deadman uses two of these, when both lines are in use, it’s breaking strength doubles to minimum breaking strength (MBS) of nearly 80,000lb in a basket configuration. With stats like this, it’s safe to say that the Deadman will be the strongest and most reliable member of your recovery kit.
As mentioned above, included in this kit will be the Deadman Bodybag (aka your carry case). This case is made from PVC vinyl and features a MOLLE system for attaching additional gear. It has been designed specifically to hold the Deadman Earth anchor and also has enough room to spare for your soft shackles & a pair of gloves. Strap it to your roll bars or simply throw it in your rig and you’re ready to get out and explore! Overall, this piece of recovery equipment weighs less than 5lbs, fits underneath a seat, and is a must have for those who enjoy trekking into the unknown.
The Original Deadman Shackles
The Deadman requires one shackle when used in the ground. Metal shackles do work, though soft shackles are much more convenient and easier to work with.
The Deadman Soft Shackle is made in the USA and is exceptionally strong. Made with the same materials used in synthetic winch lines, this soft shackle has a minimum breaking strength of 30,000 lbs (in testing, many have held up to 40,000 lbs!). We prefer to use soft shackles because they're stronger, safer, lighter, and easier to work with than their metal counterparts. By using soft shackles, we remove more metal from our winching system and thereby lessen the potential for serious harm in the event of a break.
The RUGGED Deadman Shackles
The Deadman RUGGED Shackle is made in the U.S.A. and is exceptionally strong. It features a tightly woven protective sheath that makes the shackle very abrasion resistant. Narrower, longer, and with a wider eye than similar rugged shackles, the Deadman RUGGED Shackle has been made to our standards based on real-world usage. Made with the same materials used in synthetic winch lines, this soft shackle has a minimum breaking strength of 43,500 lbs (WLL is 14,500).
- Material: Features an 18 inch tarp w/ a rip-stop polyester and 2 inch Class VII industrial sling webbing.
- Minimum Breaking Strength: The Deadman Anchor itself features an MBS of roughly 80,000lbs (depending on configuration). The Deadman Shackles vary depending on which you select. The Deadman Soft Shackles have an MBS of 30,000lbs. while the Deadman RUGGED Shackles have an MBS of 43,500lbs.
The Deadman Off-Road RUGGEDIZED Anchor is extremely versatile and very easy to use. Included with your Complete RUGGEDIZED Deadman V2 Kit will be the RUGGEDIZED Deadman Earth Anchor, Deadman Body Bag, and your choice of Deadman Shackles. We recommend considering additional recovery essentials that we offer from Deadman Off-road to ensure that you have everything needed for your next journey. Contact us with any questions you may have.